Since being sworn in, I’ve quickly put my experience to work addressing issues important to First District residents and city-wide issues and initiatives. My extensive career experience — including serving as the president of three local chambers of commerce, and leader in the public and private sectors — provides a creative and business-based approach to planning and problem-solving.
I take a strategic view of conditions and issues while always maintaining focus on the big picture.
Throughout my career I have brought together key business leaders, legislators, and educational professionals, to provide their insights, build consensus, and generate fresh ideas. I’ve invested 21 years of my life advocating for Strong, vibrant communities, and helping local businesses to grow and prosper.
- Age: 68
- Address: 8058 S. 77th Street, Franklin since 1981
- Family: My wonderful wife Barbara and I will celebrate our 44th anniversary in September. We were blessed to raise two amazing children here in Franklin. Ed and his wife Sami live in Waukesha, while Julie, her husband Steven, and one-year-old Violet live in Portland, Oregon. Barb retired from the Franklin Public School District a year ago after 26 years at Franklin High School.
I retire as President and CEO of the New Berlin Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau at the end of February 2022.
We are members of Southbrook Church here in Franklin, where I served as chairman of the Site Selection Committee, overseeing the process to review available properties and rank for desirability. We purchased 18 acres in Franklin. I helped coordinate the review and selection of the architect to develop preliminary building and site plans and served as a liaison with the city during the process of rezoning the property from Business to Institutional. The project received unanimous approval from Common Council.
CIVIC MEMBERSHIPS and VOLUNTEERISM
- Franklin Jaycees, past President, Chairman
- Franklin Chamber of Commerce (now South Suburban Chamber) past President
- Charter Member Franklin Education Foundation
- Regional Transit Leadership Council
- Wisconsin Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, Legislative Committee
- Franklin School Board member
Franklin Boards, Commissions, Committees
- Community Development Authority, Co-Chair
- Franklin Tourism Commission
- Franklin Civic Celebrations Commission
- Franklin Library Building Committee
- Franklin Stormwater Management Taskforce
- Franklin Facility Needs Taskforce
- Franklin Board of Public Works
- Franklin Finance Committee
- Franklin Personnel Committee
Brief Professional History
- West Allis Chamber of Commerce – President
- Franklin Chamber of Commerce – President
- New Berlin Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau – President and CEO
- The Village at Manor Park – Vice President of Administration
- Construction Management Consultant – Owner
- Sustainable Facilities Operations Studies
- LEED Green Associate training